info@conservas.tk on Sat, 7 Oct 2017 11:18:31 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Catalonia and mainstream opinion

I'm sorry. I'm not very active in nettime. But I'm in Catalonia and  I've seen too many dangerously "traditional" analysis in this list that I need to intervene. I'm sorry I can't bring many details yet (I'm trying to find time to write but I'm too busy with a very fast realtime reality right now), but I'll try at least to bring a change of perspective to analyse the situation.

I would like to ask for more caution and respect for the people fight.

To bring some element to refocus your perspective I like to remember that the 1st of October over 2 000 000 people, nor radical, nor corrupt, just people from any age - I've seen teenagers and very old people crying when they succeed to vote after queening sin 5 in the morning to defend the ballots-, from any ideological side (and I really mean any) and even wanting the independence or not, all together fighting online and offline for Democracy. Really. Catalonia is not about independence. We are ready for a level of democracy that we are not allowed to practice and the fight is about political freedom.

When the analysis is from above talking about how bad are the bad guys from both sides and how people have no active opinion about that, it is not reflecting the groving maturity of spanish civil society , is avoiding the degree of self organization acheived on the 1 of October in Catalunya and trying to depict a symmetry that could relax us but that is just not real. There is no symmetry. There is [fast resum->] 1) repression and a fascist state; 2) people fighting in network having greatly hacked institutions that are now force in some interesting degrees to respond to the people (of course institution are rotten - I don't think anyone here can imaging that could be otherwise); 3) Podemos fighting for its own power and abandoning the people.

[little note about corruption as an example: the difference between Catalunya and Spain is that while in Spain the PP (most currupt party) is still massively voted, in Catalunya PdeCat have almost disappeared. So not everywhere the act of voting is used in the same way. And the false equality on the matter of corruption (of course both are corrupt, but in Catalonia we are wining in the effort to desmatel it and in Spain losing) in the discours it is a fallacy, one of the many that are useful to Podemos but not to the people fight]

The analysis via the left respected categories it is helping Podemos discours that it is not only wrong in the field of the analysis of reallity but also , once more, destroying - with paternalism and cooptate imposing their representativeness - the transversal effort of the people to create a networked democracy that control their institutions and political parties.

I hope I can be more specific soon.

If you are interested, I wrote some more here, before the catalan referendum:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/simona-levi/we-just-want-to-stop-pleading

Best,

Simona Levi