Magnus Boman on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 11:21:14 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> China needs more water. So it's building a rain-making network three times the size of Spain

So a relatively small number of researchers, one of which reports "promising results" to a Chinese journalist, and all of which are at best mediocre in the field, is paving the way for an installation of Tibet-placed burners for cloud seeding. How are we to trust the Chinese government with staying in full control of the cascading effects?

The autonomous vehicle quandary is a red herring. There are always other options than the ones given, in what is in fact never zero-sum games, Don't believe the Musk. They just want you not to think about other aspects of introducing autonomous vehicles. These aspects are again the results of cascading effects.
M.