Declan McCullagh on Tue, 3 Sep 96 12:07 METDST

Re: nettime: Justice Department stalls for time in CDA lawsuit, from HotWired

David,

Obviously, there are more arguments we've been raising in this lawsuit --
in which I'm one of the ACLU plaintiffs -- rather than just the inability
to comply with defenses. Overbreadth and compelling interest, for starters.

But my point is, and perhaps this doesn't come through in the excerpts I
sent, that the DoJ may rob us of a quick Supreme Court victory for free
speech online -- a victory that would resound internationally, I think --
by pulling these delaying games like a motion to send the case back to
Philly.

-Declan

// declan@eff.org // I do not represent the EFF // declan@well.com //