John Perry Barlow on Mon, 25 Nov 96 11:42 MET

nettime: Net Drug Discussion Treaty (fwd)

This just in from Europe. According to this translation, new treaty would
make it illegal to discuss *any* positive aspects of illegal drugs,
presumably including medical values?

Can this possibly be right. Are any Nettime members familiar with this
potential atrocity? It is getting any coverage in the conventional media?

John Perry Barlow, Cognitive Dissident
Co-Founder, Electronic Frontier Foundation

Home(stead) Page: http://www.eff.org/~barlow

Fist Phone: 917/863-2037

Barlow in Meatspace Today: New York -> Salt Lake -> Pinedale

Coming soon to: San Francisco 12/6-12, Telluride, Colorado 12/13-14,
Pinedale, WY...

In Memoriam, Dr. Cynthia Horner, Jerry Garcia, and Timothy Leary

Energy is eternal delight.

                     -- William Blake