hoeksteen on Mon, 12 May 1997 10:52:31 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> ©Symposium

co-workers (Heisenberg, etc) (i.e., another 5 centuries) for quantum
mechanics and time-space continuum.  Physics, as we know it, has only had
"three" great moments in history, and in between, NOTHINGNESS (Michael Ende,
la NADA, the Neverending story).  And Einstein's great contribution:
neither time nor space are absolute, but relative...there is NO UNIQUE 0,0
coordinate....)   And since I have not looked at my Physics books in a long
time, and with my neurons under the influence of a different solvent than
the regular solvent (water), i.e., highly distilled scotch (alcohol produced
by specific anaerobic oxidations of specific sugars to specific alcohols,
and other aromatic substances, not to boring CO2), and imagine, such
subversive product (scotch) actually being invented by monks (not by
degenerates) in the 13 or 14th century in the bitter cold typical of the
English islands (routinely attacked by tornados of ice cubes) to "cure the
ailments of the heart (soul)"), (shit, Bayer had not yet invented aspirin,
or patented it) so please, I advise you to DOUBT THE "TAPAZOS" EXPRESSED
HERE (I will not claim intellectual property on any of them.....).

>The central point I'm trying to make is:  BUT EVEN IF NEWTON HAD NOT COME
ALONG, IT DID NOT RELIEVE ANYBODY FROM GRAVITY....AND EVEN IF NOBODY COULD
FORMULATE THE LAW OF ATTRACTION OF BODIES, AS NEWTON DID, GRAVITY WAS
INDEPENDENT OF ITS FORMULATION BY OBSERVING / LIVING SUBJECTS.  Reality is
bigger than its description.

>And yet the problem we confront:  we try to understand reality (4
dimensions) with our senses, limited by the fact that they can only
apprehend 3 dimensions at a time....).  Our epistemological capacities
condition our formulations/understanding of reality (see Sir Arthur
Eddington, the Philosophy of Physical Science)  Sometimes I believe that a
deaf-mute individual (does not have the bias of language) can grasp things
better than us, he is not contaminated with the regular language and words
we use to describe reality....

>MY POSITION:
>
>As an TRUE admirer of Pablo Escobar, the Latin American hero who defied
Goliat, the Cain who did not obey God's commands (or the US goverment), I
rather close my hand and raise my middle finger, and say to goverment patent
offices:

>CONTRABAND...no copywrights, no patents,
>or copywrites, patents, and I'll be with the pirates and bucaneers who defy
them...
>Luckily, no life without variance...
>and here the ways of men depart, and I know which side I'll take........
>
>AGAIN:  Who owns the truth?  Whoever can hold it....
>Is the truth owned by the one who formulates it, or by the ephemeral
moments of its caption?
>We think we "know" something when we can formulate it....
>
>Main conclusion of this long diatribe:
>The only thing we OWN is our own BULLSHIT....because nobody else wants it...
>provided we tell everyone that it's truly BULLSHIT (or MAN-SHIT),
>SO MAKE IT PUBLIC, YOUR BULLSHIT, I MEAN.....
>
>HOW CAN YOU COLLECT ROYALTIES WHEN EVERY WORD IS PRODUCED WITH EVERYONE's
AIR and EVERYONE's CARBON, and EVERYONE's HYDROGEN...

>YOU CAN, IF YOU CAN...
>YOU CAN't, IF YOU CAN't.
>
>LET HISTORY TELL YOU ...
>GET AWAY WITH IT IF YOU CAN,
>OR DIE IF YOU CAN't
>
>BUT, remember, my friend,
>you can't always get what you want, but YOU CAN ALWAYS TRY.....
>
>VIVA PABLO ESCOBAR!!!
>VIVA EL CONTRABANDO!!
>EL MEJOR DISOLVENTE DE LAS FRONTERAS....
>

>Irredentus degeneratus
>
>PS  Que te parece si abrimos las puertas del Banco de Germoplasma de CIMMYT
y dejamos que el Comandante Marcos le "devuelva" sus propiedades geneticas a
los indios mayas del sur de Mexico???

© Hector Jean Barreto

---