Laurie Cubbison on Wed, 4 Jun 1997 03:42:02 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> more provocations

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Richard Barbrook wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> Here's some basic banalities:
>
> Anarchism is neo-liberalism for hippies.
>
> Economy *is* social.
>
> Everyone should work so everyone can play.
>
> Giving gifts is better than exploiting others.

being in a position to give gifts positions one as one who could and
perhaps does exploit, the nasty underpinning of the 'white man's burden.'

> Activity from below undermines conspiracies from above.

or

activity from above undermines conspiracies from below.

> Universal access is our goal: broad-band fibre for all!

sounds like a 50s era foundation garment to me. girdles for everyone!

> Later,
>
> Richard

laurie, who has been watching far too many x-files videos