Erich Moechel on Sat, 14 Jun 1997 22:13:39 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> captitalism, nature & nets

Dear Net/timers,

Following the thread on nature & capitalism which bloomed, as far as I
remember in these short/minded times, after a barlow/critique of an
obscure manifesto from Piran, I just take a look out of my window.

Every cubic centimetre of my compost heaps is  processing more
informations a day than usenet.

As Mark Dery remarked: beware of analogies. There is hyper/complex
nature & there are we & what was created: computers.

The other side? Wally & Dusty, two young & ruthless cats, have eaten all
three redstarts (grey birdies with red tails) born in April. We could'nt
do anything to prevent it.

What would you say, mr. Barlow. Is that a case of bad management of
redtail/parents/ managers or were they just caught on the wrong foot
when, after several years, the cats were introduced to the
consumer/market around their nest?

Interested

Erich Moechel
---