erwin redl on Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:17:47 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> New web project at HotWired's RBG Gallery

*********

HotWired's RGB Gallery is proud to present the work of Austrian-born
multimedia artist Erwin Redl, opening online today, 15 August, 1997.

With a distinct retro-techno aesthetic, Redl's Web project "you me and: A
Digital Minimal Opera in Three Acts" sets simple, silhouette figures to a
soundtrack of mesmerizing frequencies. Headphones are recommended for this
hypnotic visual-acoustic experience.

"I provide symbols and a basic structure," says Redl, who intends his
viewers to "make the piece in their minds." And indeed, the experience is
yours for the taking: Welcome to the Minimal Opera.

http://www.hotwired.com/rgb/

 * sarah borruso * associate producer * wired digital * hotwired.com *

---