nettime.mailing.list on Fri, 6 Mar 1998 00:00:17 +0100 (MET)

<nettime> Kosovo Thread, Richard, Benson, Simon

[Due to the amount of traffic on this topic - which is welcome - for ease
of use it has for tonight anyway, been compounded into one message./m]

From: rvdbri@pi.net
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 10:36:25 +0100
To: nettime-l@Desk.nl
Subject: Re:Kosovo: short reply to all

At 00:15 5-03-98 +0100, ANDREJ TISMA wrote:
>Dear e-mail correspondents,

>Richard:
>Why not political issues on Nettime. Wasn't this net always a little bit
>about politics, reporting about different demonstrations and protests?

Sure, but how controversial and extreem, always interesting and straight.
Your concern about what you are calling terrorism is based upon a very
nationalistic opinion. Which unfortunatelly excists in Servia, but I don't
want to read about on the nettime list; it just doesn't belong here. If
this list is open for the protection of the joys of nationalism I don't
want let my mailbox be a waste box, and will sign off. (This is another
call towards the owners...)

>Or You are against politics just in this case, when You have no
>arguments for Your claims? For me reports of some American and CIA
>influenced organizations and separatist media are not arguments.

This type of arguing is waste of time (see for instance Rodriguez list of
arguments, just to apply some counterpressure). Another time: I am not
interested in discussing with Serbs about nationalist idiology; also the
etnic Albanians in Kosovo seem to lose their patience, as does the
international community. Isn't there somewhere an alt.servb.proud.1392?

>And
>why not Serbian view of things. Don't Serbs, the biggest population in
>Balkans, have the right to tell once their view?

Even your countrymen are begging you not to talk for THE Serbs; and I
really get sick of discussing with people talking in this straight
nationalistic categories. I will not continue this discussion and really
request the owners to intervene in this hopeless and displaced propaganda.

Richard