{ brad brace } on Fri, 10 Apr 1998 05:51:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> media, art, economy?

Questions: Can Art be de-institutionalized? Can Net-Art be
de-institutionalized -- freed from the cult of the expert?

Eyebeam: An elite diligently elaborating its own self-protecting
etiquette...

This is an age of great conformity. The citizens are so completely locked
inside their boxes of expertise that they are effectively excluded from
open public debate. We have disguised this truth by redefining
individualism as an agreeable devotion to style and personal emotions. We
project ourselves, as if in a romantic dream, against a backdrop of
martyred existential outsiders...

The_12hr-ISBN-JPEG_Project                               <<<

> episodic                  ftp://ftp.wco.com/users/bbrace <
> eccentric             ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/bb/bbrace <
> pointless            ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace <
> hypermodern         ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace <
> imagery online   ftp://ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace <

Usenet-news: alt.binaries.pictures.12hr/ a.b.p.fine-art.misc
Mailing-list: listserv@netcom.com / subscribe 12hr-isbn-jpeg
Reverse Solidus: http://www.teleport.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html

{ brad brace }  <<<< bbrace@netcom.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp
---