cisler on Tue, 14 Apr 1998 21:15:29 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> Growing Up Digital: review

At the Feb 98 Connecting All Americans conference one of the better speakers
was Don Tapscott, a Canadian who heads a think tank/market research firm
called Alliance for Converging Technology. His most recent book is Growing
Up Digital: The Rise of the Net Generation. It describes the characteristics
of youth who are coming of age at the end of the century. He lets the kids
to a lot of the talking.

I reviewed the book in the April edition of FirstMonday, a peer reviewed
Internet journal. Though I found some of it quite compelling, I was also
somewhat critical about other parts. You can read the review at:
http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue3_4/reviews/index.html.

Steve Cisler  - 4415 Tilbury Drive - San Jose, CA 95130
cisler@pobox.com        http://home.inreach.com/cisler
(408) 379 9076
---