nettime's_digestive_system on Sun, 20 Dec 1998 22:03:24 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> iraq

1 - waz@easynet.co.uk : iraq. war. fuck. three questions
2 - ivo skoric        : thanks mr. president
3 - jsalloum@aol.com  : [no subject]
4 - jsalloum@aol.com  : nettime are you afraid to post this as well
                        [edward said statement]

From: waz@easynet.co.uk
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 02:38:32 +0000
Subject: Iraq. War. Fuck. Three Questions

Regardless of whether this attack is right or wrong in itself (the
answer is obvious to everyone whatever they actually think)..

1 - Doesn't it boost Saddam's support and make life harder for his
opponents? What's the point of that?

2 - Isn't this really good for Netanyahu, since it makes it easy for him
to get a lot of political? Isn't that really bad for peace in the wider
Middle East?

3 - It's hard to make coherent arguments against this without saying
'the ultimatum shouldn't have been given in the first place'. why do
ultimatums not move hovering waverers like me to anger and (inadequate)
response in the way that actual bombs do. if you say 'we'll bomb you
unless x' then you have a big problem when x happens whatever you do.

Sorry if this is completely the wrong forum for this. I could go and
seek out 'moaning about bombing Iraq' specific stuff', but I've (mostly)
lurked on this list for a while now and... hell... wanna know what you
guys think. If your response is straight down the line pacifist I'll
want to know how you justify that post WWII (unless you don't have a
problem with Hitler - but you do...) though if anyone on the list
supports this action I'll be very surprised.. and interested to know how
and why.

cheers etc.,

wayne
http://www.waz.easynet.co.uk/
^- save time. don't go here if you wanna read about Iraq. nothing to
see.