Ivo Skoric on Sat, 23 Jan 1999 11:31:20 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> ivo-gram 22 Jan 99

From: "Ivo Skoric" <ivo@reporters.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:05:29 +0000
Subject: (Fwd) Fw: [kcc-news] Press-reelase: From the office of Adem De

KLA Statement following the Racak massacre:

With the attack of Serb military and police forces, representing the
criminal Serb regime, in some villages of the Nerodima Operational Zone,
in which case they brutally murdered, massacred and executed at least 46
Albanians, from the ages of 12 to 80, the office of the General
Political Representative of the Kosova Liberation Army, with
informational purpose releases this:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

1. The systematic oppression and terrorism inflicted by the Belgrade
regime in Kosova is no where near its end.  The Serb regime forces'
offensives and battles have become our wild everyday lives.  The
murdering of children, that are the future of every nation and society,
shows that the Serb regime wants to eliminate the future of the
Albanians in Kosova.  On the other hand, the execution of tens of
Albanians, including women, children and elderly, clearly shows that the
Serb regime and country have engaged on a classical fascism, that
surpasses even that of WWII.

2. It appears that the International Community has not learned anything
from the lesson in Srebrenica and Zepa during the Bosnia war.  This
community is still not reacting the way it should.  It still continues
not taking the adequate measures.  And it doesn't end here.  It is
unfortunate that the International Community takes satisfaction and
alibi with the results of the OSCE Verifying Mission in Kosova.  In all
occasions, they have proven themselves unable to assure not only the
security of Kosova population, but also not even theirs.  This Mission,
not being able to assure their own security, watches the Serb committed
crimes from far.  The International Community has to realize that
Albanians are suffering all of the consequences of OSCE Mission's
inability, and this inability to secure and unwillingness to use all of
their resources in stopping the Serb fascist regime only encourages the
Serb regime.

3. The Serb regime does not want a political solution to the Kosova
problem.  They not only want Kosova as their colony, not only occupied,
but also without any Albanians.  They want to achieve this with war,
terror, massacres, and genocide.  The only guarantee for the Albanians
of Kosova in this entire situation is the Kosova Liberation Army.  The
only way we can annihilate these fascist leftovers is by relying on,
joining, helping and gathering around KLA.  This will be the only way to
achieve the independence of Republic of Kosova and the freedom of the
Albanian nation in Kosova.

Office of the General Political Representative of KLA
Prishtine, January 16, 1999

     Adem Demaēi
Pėrfaqėsues i Pėrgjithshėm Politik i
     Ushtrisė Ēlirimtare tė Kosovės (UĒK)