nettime's_indigestive_system on Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:47:33 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> yugoslavia/nato digest [markovic, cosic]

"Slobodan Markovic" <twiddle@EUnet.yu>
          April...
"www.vuk.org" <vuk@mordor.kud-fp.si>
          Re: RADIO B92 CLOSED DOWN AND SEALED OFF

Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 05:20:24 +0200
From: "Slobodan Markovic" <twiddle@EUnet.yu>
Subject: April...

    Tonight, about 00:45, NATO missiles exploded in Belgrade's downtown.

    That is the first air-raid on Belgrade downtown since April the 6th
    1941, when Nazi German airplanes bombed Belgrade, marking the start
    of military occupation of Yugoslavia.

    The targets, this night, were administrative buildings of Serbian and
    Federal Police in Kneza Milosa Street.

    Right behind those buildings (some 30-50 meters) the largest medical
    complex in Serbia is situated (Clinical Center of Serbia).

    Cruise missiles exploded less than 50 fucking meters from the biggest
    maternity hospital in Belgrade. All newborn babies and their mothers
    were immediately evacuated (who sane could think NATO will strike so
    near the hospital buildings).

    CNN immediately started to transmit Serbian National TV's program with
    images of nicely burning buildings, but cut off the transmission when
    pictures showing hospital evacuation appeared...

    Until now, no one knows the number of possible casualties...

    I simply cannot believe that somebody can issue an order for missile
    strike on a center of one European capital with more than 2.5 million
    citizens. I simply cannot believe that such an idiot is breathing air
    on this fucking planet.

    Feeling no good in Belgrade,

            Slobodan Markovic   | http://solair.eunet.yu/~twiddle
            Internodium Project | http://www.internodium.org.yu