Vana Goblot on Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:20:11 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> on the attack on insomnia's diary - anonymous

I wish I never had to react to somebody else's criticism. But I simply must
address all those cynical comments that attacked Insomnia's diaries.

What are the true intentions of those who criticise words that only voice a
call for understanding and compassion? Do they really need a reminder that
what they attacked was not a piece of premeditated text, but simply a
document from a terror-striken person, the words written in oppression, fear
and hardship?

I ask those who already wrote their witty rhetoric directed to Insomnia's
writing, whether they themselves have tried to write under war conditions?
If you wanted so much to dissect her words, first think and take into
account that there is a fear for one's life between those lines.

Just think twice before those comments, and to save them for articles that
are not driven by fear and emotion, but by a head as clearly cynical as your
own.

Not all words deserve judgement. If you disagree, than simply at least try
to respect the difficulty of the state some people are the hardship of their
attempt to convey what is happening to them. If not, then I suggest the best
way is to be silent.

---