fokky on Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:56:00 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> The Weekender 082a

   . The Weekender ...................................................
   . a weekly digest of calls . actions . websites . campaigns . etc .
   . send your announcements and notes to announcer@simsim.rug.ac.be .
   . please don't be late ! delivered every friday . into your inbox .

01 . Tamas Banovich       . WAR - ARTISTS BULLETIN BOARD
02 . Simon                . Gabriel Orozco + ASP
03 . ASCI                 . Modern-Day Leonardo in Performance...
                            in NYC on May 8th !
04 . Carnegie Hall        . Requiem for a Young Poet
05 . cybercable           . manifestation
06 . brad brace           . The 12hr ISBN-JPEG Project
07 . John Hopkins         . Beauty and the East
08 . EMAF                 . EMAF 5-9 May 1999
09 .                      . Beyond Art? Digital Culture
                            in the 21st Century- Programme

   ................................................................... 01

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 23:49:56 -0400
From: Tamas Banovich <postmasters@thing.net>

WAR - ARTISTS BULLETIN BOARD
April 27 - May 8, 1999

open call for participation

We urge every artist: express yourself.

We offer the walls of Postmasters to be an open forum for artists
to state their position, express opinions, feelings
on the war in the Balkans.

This is not benefit, no works will be for sale,
however donations to the Red Cross will be
actively encouraged.
You can come to post beginning  from 10 am Sunday, April 25.
There will be a public gathering on Tuesday, April 27 at 7pm
You can fax or e-mail your work.
For further information please contact Postmasters  Tuesday to Saturday  11 -6
(no callback messages, please)
or  on the web: http://www.thing.net/~war
There will be a digital "war Bulletin Board" on web hosted by the Thing
(http://thing.net)
postings will be printed and posted on the walls

www   -    http://www.thing.net/~war       +        e-mail   -    war@thing.net

rules of engagement:

The "Bulletin Board" is open for all.
 Authorship has to be clearly stated.
Each author is solely and fully responsible for the content of her/his
posting.
The scale, medium, and focus of your response is not predetermined, but
should be considerate of other participants
Each Author retains ownership but the content, upon posting, becomes public
domain.
Placement of large works need to be discussed .
Postings will be accommodated as long as there is available space.
You have to respect the postings of others

We welcome volunteers to help to organize this event.
tamas>>banovich>>>>>>>>>postmasters>>>>>>>>>>>>>postmasters@thing.net>>>>>>>>>>>