felipe rodriquez on Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:00:13 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> nettime-l = kosovo-l or serbia-l or nato-l ?

75% of messages on Nettime these days are about the war in Serbia. I'm
wondering if that is the purpose of the nettime list, and wondering if the
nettime list is slowly but surely be converted to the serbian/kosovo war
information centre.

That is not to say that I'm not interested in events in Serbia, but I wonder if
Nettime-l is the appropriate place for an ongoing debate about this. Nettime is
flooded with messages about Kosovo, Serbia and Nato, and if the war continues
for some time I wonder if Nettime is the proper place for such discourse. I
suggest creating a kosovo-l or serbia-l or both and redirect all messages about
the war in Serbia to such special purpose lists, in order to prevent the
nettime list from degenerating into an alternative source of news about the
Serbian/Nato war. That is not what Nettime was intended to be, and although I
respect and understand that people have a need to distribute their opinion and
news about these topics I feel that it is not appropriate to continue doing so
on the Nettime mailinglist.

	Felipe Rodriquez

--
Felipe Rodriquez  felipe@xs4all.nl