Presidential Evangelical Commission on Thu, 6 May 1999 03:01:51 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Re: *No subject*

     [orig to <Ron Smith <sron@lads-to-leaders.org>]

Dear Friend Ron Smith,

Thank you for your interest in having George W. Bush speak at the
benefit dinner for your organization, "Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes"
(http://www.lads-to-leaders.org/, a very beautiful and unusual site
indeed). We are most honored indeed by this request. And I am not
saying this in gratuitousness or vanity or hypocrisy or false moment:
we are really, really honored by your request. To "Lads to
Leaders/Leaderettes," we at GWBUSH.COM bow down.

You see, we at GWBUSH.COM have become fond of the phrase "You can make
a lad a leader, but it's super-hard to make him a leaderette." It
IS!!! We try--the rewards are not small, the "premiums" would make
even a good solid Christian's jaw drop with lust... and okay, I'm not
just talking lust, I'm talking forbidden urges, deep dark nasty
fantasies you can't even admit to yourself, let alone G-d or Mary or
Zeke or whatever. These are MAJOR PREMIUMS, you see. They are the
stuff of heaven.

With our eyes on the prize, we have been trying to make lads into
leaderettes for many, many years, and we have done nothing but FAIL
FAIL FAIL.

Just for your information, and perhaps so you can advise us exactly
what it is we've been doing wrong, here are four of the dozens of
methods we've tried, in order to heal the dread syndrome we call
Refusal of Leaderette Status (RLS):

* lobotomy--this was a while ago, several years at least (involves
  making parts of the brain into mush by means of a prong inserted
  through one of the eye sockets);
* electro-shock therapy--this was also a while ago too (involves
  shocking the young man silly, sometimes as often as five times a
  day);
* aversion therapy--a more sophisticated version of the above,
  involving showing the young man tantalizing images of leadership on
  a screen, and shocking him in certain sensitive areas when he
  "reacts" to those images;
* reparative therapy--as the above techniques have generally been
  declared criminal (at least for the purposes of turning lads into
  leaderettes), we have resorted to prolonged, enforced confinement
  and isolation coupled with the use of medical tranquilizers and
  other drugs, plus liberal application of the words of GWBUSH.COM (as
  revealed in the Bible) to persuade the young man to become a
  leaderette instead of a leader. Sometimes we have had to couple our
  "refusal of leaderette status" diagnosis with other more established
  diagnoses, like schizophrenia, etc., in order to maintain control of
  the lad for prolonged periods.

Neither these nor any of our other techniques have worked. Useless!
Useless! Useless! We have 15 lads here at GWBUSH.COM--no, 17, 2 came
in Thursday--and they're all just your solid leader material. They're
all pounding the pavement for the Candidate even now, acting all gruff
and solid and manly, and we've tried all the above plus much more. We
have six openings RIGHT NOW for flimsy little leaderette lads, and no
one to fill them. Please--if we send you a speaker for your special
dinner, will you send us a leaderette or two? We will take care of
him/them quite well, and assure that nothing masculine impinges on
his/their consciousness while they are in our clutches. If you impart
to us your secrets, we will send you as many speakers as you like, in
perpetuity.

Earnestly,
Roy and Liz

Presidential Evangelical Commission: Joyous to meet you
http://rtmark.com/gwbush.com/

You wrote:

>My name is Ron Smith.  I work for a non-profit organization and am organizing
>a benefit dinner.  I am interested in information about George W Bush being
>our guest speaker.  Can you give me any information or put me in contact with
>the right people?

---