nettime's_indigestive_system on Sat, 15 May 1999 17:52:23 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> geertogram 051599 [digest]: staging staging, kandic, appeal

Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl>
         (fwd) Re: warning for 'staged' massacre
         (fwd) n. kandic report from montenegro
         (fwd) AN APPEAL TO  WORLD OPINION

Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 08:01:04 +0200 (CEST)
From: Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: warning for 'staged' massacre

From: Norman Cigar <quanti@erols.com>
To: JUSTWATCH-L@LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU

The source for the "staged" massacre rumour mill seems to be a Tanjug
(the state-run Yugoslav "news" agency) report.  In Saturday's POLITIKA,
a Tanjug report from Zagreb (yes, Zagreb !?!), alleges that the Croatian
Air Force has transferred MiG-21s (which it has), as well as Galebs,
Supergalebs, and Oraos (which I don't think it has) to NATO.  According
to Tanjug, these aircraft have been allegedly repainted with Yugoslav
markings and will bomb an airfield within Albania to make it look like
the Yugoslav Air Force did it.  Politika claims that bodies of those KLA
who have been killed are now being collected and will be placed at the
bomb site to make it look like they were victims (it must be quite a
trick to get those bodies out of Kosovo to Albania; I wonder how it
would be done).  Politika further assures its readers that (who else?)
CNN's Christiane Amanpour is stage-managing the event.
I hope that the state-run Serb press on the Internet is not cut off--
it's so entertaining and imaginative.