Frederick Noronha on Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:38:24 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Telecom updates from India

We have two very interesting articles on our site which I am sure a lot of
people interested in telecommunications and technology would like to read.
Would appreciate if you could post this message in all the telecom-oriented
mailing lists.

Best wishes

Saslin Salim
Editor
News@Satyamonline.com (It used to be Indiaupdate)

News@satyamonline, http://news.satyamonline.com, has two well-researched
articles on important telecom issues by  Dr T H Chowdary.

A step in the right direction
Throwing open inter-state telecommunication to competition is an excellent
move, says T H Chowdary. But success will hinge on implementation. Chowdary
is former chairman of VSNL and presently  IT advisor to Government of
Andhra Pradesh and director, Center for Telecom Management & Studies.
http://news.satyamonline.com/nsection.asp?SectionName=Business&FileName=199
90524/thc24.htm

Don't get your wires crossed, DoT!
by T H Chowdary *  Knowledge of how customers and companies are benefitting
due to new technologies, competition and new  management and marketing
strategies in telecommunications makes me sad because while all those can
happen in India there are delays, obstructions and plain sabotage.
http://news.satyamonline.com/nsection.asp?SectionName=Business&FileName=199
90531/choudhary31.htm

---