Saverio_Ciraci on Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:33:54 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> FWD. Does the long dark really begin? We'd cry NOOOOOOOT !

The Long Dark

Barbarians are inside our gates. If Bosnia is any example, the occupation
will be neither kind nor fair.

We can expect a military governor (or civilian administrator, as they are
now called) to arbitrarily decide what kinds of license plates and street
signs we will have. To design our currency and passports. To select which
elected official can take his seat and which cannot. To approve what is to
be aired on the evening news.

To decide which books we can read, what music we can listen to, what films
we can watch. And, what is most important, who gets the aid and how much.

Again, if Bosnia is any example, we can expect Serbs to get about 2% of the
total aid that is to come.

We can expect unemployment, malnutrition, sporadic healthcare, flourishing
black markets, and increased crime.

But we must not despair.

Those who thought they could impose their decaying culture with bombs have
revealed themselves to the world.

New alliances, awakened by our plight, are forming to oppose them.

Six hundred million against ten million.

They have destroyed us but they have not defeated us.

Real resistance begins now.

This battle is for the mind and the soul. We must stay united.

We must continue to preserve our culture, our religion, our uniqueness.

We must not allow ourselves to be assimilated.

Branislav Andjelic

---