RTMARK Admin on Sat, 4 Sep 1999 00:00:40 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> http://www.realjeff.com/

The first Web sabotage of a political campaign outside the U.S. has just
hit Australia.

The fake site is http://www.realjeff.com/ , and it mocks
http://www.jeff.com.au/ , the website of candidate Jeff Kennett.

One of the site's designers, Karen Eliot, writes that "as you might know,
Australia does not have a bill of rights - and they have harsh censorship
regulations - so developments will be interesting."

We think this is one of the finest examples of the use of the Web for the
free expression of opinion. Questions should be directed to Karen Eliot
<kareneliot99@yahoo.com>.

While we're at it, we'd like to mention that "cybersquatter" Joe Culligan
has redirected several of his domain names to our http://yesrudy.com/.
(Joe has been in the news a lot recently, in regards to the Orrin Hatch
fiasco, and cybersquatting in general.)

The redirected names are:

> > >presidentbillclinton.com
> > >presidentgeorgewbush.com