t byfield on Sun, 5 Sep 1999 22:48:42 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> fwd 2: telcom digest: Have Cerf and Dyson Got a Deal For You!

--- Forwarded

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:23:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: TELECOM Digest Editor <ptownson@massis.lcs.mit.edu>
To: ptownson@massis.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Installment 2: Have Vint and Esther Got a Deal For You!

                   This posting is in the public domain.
                   Feel free to post it to appropriate
                   newsgroups and mailing lists with the
                   permission of the maintainers of same.
                   *Do not spam* in the process of doing
                   so, however it is important that all
                   netizens be aware that there are some
                   things going on with the net they may
                   not like. For instance, who runs it,
                   who sets the policies, rules, etc.

In today's installment, we shall look at the original emails which were
referenced yesterday. I received some email today which suggested that the
quoted references yesterday were half-truths at best, and deliberatly
taken out of context. So, let's just have the entire content of the email
so you can decide whatever you want without Gordon Cook being involved,
and whatever agenda you think he has.

As a side note, I got the attached from someone who provides some
additional references. You can go read them intact if you wish.