nettimes_digestive_system on Sun, 7 Nov 1999 03:27:51 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Chechnya (2x)

1..... "Mihajlo  Acimovic" <skladiste1@angelfire.com>
2..... Jeff Gandy <jeff@mindspear.com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 19:45:01 +0100
From: "Mihajlo  Acimovic" <skladiste1@angelfire.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Chechnya

Well spoken, Josephine.

Now, if you, Josephine, or anyone else has any information on Chechnya
that I couldn't already read in commercial newspapers in Austria, PLEASE,
forward it. I would be most willing to read. If that doesn't happen, I
will presume that nobody has information at hand and that nobody is
emotionally involved with the Chechnya issue so much as to dig web sites
and discover something.

On the alter-ee mailling list, there was some discussion about Chechnya,
but I think there was only one vague contact to a person living there.
I'll have to check with the moderator. Maybe we can find some voices from
there, after all. Still, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I got really angry a while ago, when I read on ex-yu-a-lista, an email
from a Croatian punk band, calling Basayev a freedom fighter. Reminded me
of the "Yugoslav-Austrian Solidarity Movement" calling Milosevic an
anti-imperialist.  Until somebody digs up and shows very publicly, that
there is resistance to the official policies, such things will happen.

That is exactly why I must support Josephine's position on this issue.
Let's find some Chechnyans! ... Well, or Russians at least... Hey, Russia,
what are your views? I'd like to know what's happening.

Mihajlo