nettime's_digestive_system on Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:46:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> moderation rotation (3x)

1.............."K.Patelis" <cop02kp@gold.ac.uk>
2............. Natalie Bookchin <bookchin@calarts.edu>
3............. melinda rackham <melinda@subtle.net>

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:10:48 +0000 (GMT)
From: "K.Patelis" <cop02kp@gold.ac.uk>
To: "nettime's_rotating_moderators" <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net>
Subject: rotation and B.Clinton in Greece

Dear All,

I do not really get this rotation business, nor do I really agree with the
idea that identity has anything to do with moderating well, besides I kind
of feel there is something going on here that the rest of the Nettimers
are not priveledged enough to find out about ( a joke? not a joke?).

If feel obliged to pass on some info on Greece again: Clinton is visiting,
everybody is going mad, 10.000 policemen are ensuring our "the king of the
plannet" as they call him here, will be ok. There are very many protests
against the visit, during the course of one of the protests the Greek
actors union staged a trial prosecuting Clinton in an area close to the
Embassy. Popular sentiment is that the visit crystalises gRECE'S
SUBMISSION TO aMERICAN INTERESTS in the Balkans. And of course Greek will
not submit.  Do not read me wrong, I am enjoying the situation I am merely
expalining that it has nothing to do with American hegemony but with the
rise of neo-orthodoxy in Greece.

At the same time as this neo-orthodox anti-Clinton hysteria is taking
place, many posters that condemn our orthodox brothers for what is
happening in Chechnya are appearing in the streets.

korinna

Korinna Patelis
Department of Media and Communications
Goldsmiths College-London-SE14 6NW