Nettime mailing list archives

Re: <nettime> Re: olia lialina: Re:art.hacktivism
olia lialina on Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:16:26 +0100 (CET)

Florian Cramer wrote:

> > OL: Are you really familiar with net art or net in general? if yes you
> > should know that copying is not a big deal. You can make hundreds of
> > Art.Teleportacia galleries, but next day they will be only hundreds of
> > outdated pages with not actual information and broken links, because I
> > will update only http://art.teleportacia.org .. The same with all on line
> > art and not art works. What is done on the net is not a book or cd or tape
> > kind of product. It is not complete, not frosen, but can be changed every
> Counter-question: Are you really familiar with the net in general and net
> servers in particular? On any Unix-like server, it's quite easy to set up
> a cron job that mirrors http://art.teleportacia.org every one hour or even
> every five minutes if you like.

of course it is possible but what sense do you see in it? what for will you
waste your time making  mirrors of my gallery. you want to have it? u want to
simulate that you have it? can i ask you why? why possession or immitation of
possessing smth is so important for you?

"This website ┐Florian Cramer, 1996-1999
The sourcecode of this website - including all Perl CGIs - is Free Software and
copylefted according to the GNU General
Public License "   --- this i found on your website, looks very romantic in the
context of your COUNTER-QUESTION

or you mean that you want to help me to promote the gallery making mirrors?