nettime_announcer on Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:28:20 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> announcer 99.51 [b]

                                                                   - - - - - - -
                                                                   | 9 9 . 5 1 |
                                                                   - - - - - - -

                                                   <nettime> announcer   |  a
                                                                         |  b <<
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |  c

                                                                         - - - -
    tug <tug@powertech.no> : "The Dead Celebrity Diaries", Kate Pendry   | 0 8 |
                                                                         - - - -
                                SSpi352808@aol.com : new in artmargins   | 0 9 |
                                                                         - - - -
        confetti <confetti@brutele.be> : Confetti.org - Atelier réseau   | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -
    McKenzie Wark <mwark@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au> : Media Theory Position   | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
            Bob Anderson <bazooka@mail.utexas.edu> : teaching position   | 1 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
                     x@altx.com : Mark Amerika @ Whitney Biennial 2000   | 1 3 |
                                                                         - - - -
   eToys opponents <announce@rtmark.com> : etoy/eToys press conference   | 1 4 |
                                                                         - - - -
                      Femke Wolting <femke@vpro.nl> : Exploding Cinema   | 1 5 |
                                                                         - - - -
       www.verybusy.org <busy-owner@hgb-leipzig.de> : last information   | 1 6 |
                                                                         - - - -
                         disinformation@disinfo.com : Disinfo.Con 2000   | 1 7 |
                                                                         - - - -
                           BTM <yann@x-arn.org> : MilleniumFlower Day4   | 1 8 |
                                                                         - - - -

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

                                delivered each weekend into your inbox   |

                                       mailto:nettime-l@bbs.thing.net   |

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 8 |
                                                                         - - - -

"The Dead Celebrity Diaries", Kate Pendry

Online: http://www.zoolounge.com/

The Dead Celebrity Diaries:
Dead Diana, the late Princess of Wales hosts a daily diary from the other
side.
The Dead Celebrity Diaries will be updated daily until the end of the
millenium. A host of famous dead make their diary entries, giving us a
unique chance to see what goes on in celebrity "paradise"? where no matter
how famous you are there will always be someone more famous than you.

Performance and installation at Cafe Zoolounge, tuesday, november 16, 20:00h.
Cafe Zoolounge are pleased to announce the opening of our first Internet
art project: The Dead Celebrity Diaries by Kate Pendry

Dead Diana is artist and actor Kate Pendry's alter ego from the other side.
Diana will manifest on Zoolounge cafe gallery & online.

Since opening in 1996, contemporary art has been central to the Zoolounge
concept, especially with regard to video art, installation and performance.
Now, Zoolounge expands its art concept to the Internet. Selected artists
will be given the opportunity and assistance to create web projects at
http://www.zoolounge.com/. As before, the projects may also take physical
form in the cafe itself, often in drastic ways.

"We are especially happy to be able to open the Internet section with Kate
Pendry. She is a new kind of storyteller who utilizes both the Internet and
the physical space and adapts the story to her chosen media," says Ingwill
M. Gjelsvik, artististic and technical manager for the Zoolounge web and
gallery.

This quasi-religious installation / internet project looks ironically at
the cult of celebrity and our mania for all persons dead+famous. In
Zoolounge an altar with an iconographic image of Diana (including autopsy
scars) and the bible-like diary are placed amongs urbanites who drink, meet
and greet under the saintly eye of Diana, the most famous dead celebrity of
them all.

On the internet the Dead Celebrity Diaries use hypertext narrative and
daily updates to show just how far-reaching our obsession with celebrity is.

Kate Pendry
Kate Pendry is an artist, actor and playwright. She is best known for her
controversial performance and Internet project Dead Diana
http://www.deaddiana.com

She has worked in the realm of media art for several years and participated
at the Electra exhibition and the 5th International Biennale in Istanbul.
Kate Pendry is currently also represented with the work "Charlie Pendry's
Talking Head" at the DETOX itinerant exhibiton, which opened at Kunstnernes
hus in Oslo on November 13 http://www.riksut.no/detox

Offline on December the 14th.:

"Dear Diary,
They're all here. John Lennon, Andy Warhol, Sharon Tate,
Jim Morrison.
  I have tried to persuade them to stick to writing in the Dead
Celebrity Diary, but now they all want to go back amongst the
living and tell their stories.
  It is dangerous but I don't think I can stop them.
  I have arranged for them to appear on December the 14th.
  God help us all.
                                Diana, Princess of Wales"

"it's a kate pendry thing"

Performance: Tuesday December 14th 20.00
Loation: Zoolounge, Kristian Augusts gate 7 B, Oslo
More information: Ingwill M. Gjelsvik, zoo@zoolounge.com
Entrance Free

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 9 |
                                                                         - - - -

http://www.gss.ucsb.edu/artmargins/
write to us at: artmargins@humanitas.ucsb.edu

new in artmargins.new in artmargins.new in artmargins.new in artmargins.new
features/

dragan kujundzic on the edible soviet Other

kirill postoutenko on recent Moscow performance art (Avdei Ter-Oganian)

piotr piotrowski on the representation of the male body in recent performance
art

------

e-view/

Lev Manovich, the Freud/Lissitzky project

------

review/

anindita banerjee on denise youngblood's study of early modernist moviemaking
in Russia

erika wolf on margarita tupitsyn, "the soviet photograph"

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -

bonjour,

Nous vous présentons deux points de rencontres, de discordes.
Le premier est la recherche d'un lieu où planter notre atelier-performance
devenu nomade par nécessité. L'autre une proposition d'atelier-film, une
écriture d'images partagées, interposées deux mémoires.

La recherche:
nous sommes à la recherche d¹une structure d¹accueil pour un atelier associé
à une performance en arts plastiques et nouveaux médias, traitant du thème
des réseaux de surveillances et des modes d¹enfermements (VU--PRIS.html).
Présentée à Bruxelles, ce mois de novembre, nous découvrons la nécéssité
d'une dynamique: réaliser, à nouveau, cet événement dans d'autres lieux
propices au passage.
info: http://www.confetti.org/presentation.html

L'atelier film:
Nous vous invitons à réaliser cet atelier avec nous des films d'animation à
l'aide d'une webcaméra et d'images envoyées par vous ?
Cette semaine, le film sera réalisé à partir de cartes postales échangées
par deux amants (Florimond & Antoinette) lors de la première guerre
mondiale. Images partagées. Ceci débute, ce jeudi 16 décembre à 06:00 p.m.
http://www.confetti.org/atelier_film.html
Envoyez-nous vos images! C'est à partir de celles-ci que nous réalisons ces
animations. Pour nous contactez,
c'est ICI--> mailto:confetti@brutele.be
Placez vos images en attachment de votre courrier :)
Ou par voie postale:
Confetti.org,
n°118 avenue Ducpétiaux,
be - 1060, Bruxelles

¿The virtual condition is a telegamble that you are always spin off?
<http://www.confetti.org/> confetti
<mailto:confetti@brutele.be>

                                                                         - - - -
                                                                         - - - -

"We no longer have roots, we have aerials."
http://www.mcs.mq.edu.au/~mwark
 -- McKenzie Wark