nettime's_digestive_system on Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:06:24 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> etoy digested

f_3 <f_3@dds.nl>
          (for your digestive system) "keep your defenses sharp"
Maryandruskin@aol.com
          Re: <nettime> spooky silence
Michael Goldhaber <mgoldh@well.com>
          Re: <nettime> Urgent: etoy.org (fwd)

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:33:04 +0100
From: f_3 <f_3@dds.nl>
Subject: (for your digestive system) "keep your defenses sharp"

Network World's coverage of the 'floodnet' actions,
nothing mentioned about etoys' counteraction - shutdown of www.thing.net:

... Network-based attacks against eToys last week and the emergence
of a particularly destructive method for launching such raids are
fresh reminders of the need for e-commerce sites to keep their defenses
sharp, more at:
http://www.nwfusion.com/news/1999/1220etoys.html