Regina Célia Pinto on Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:37:05 +0100 (CET)

[nettime-lat] The ATTIC is almost full, only four spaces are available now !

Hello,

You know that Reiner Strasser and I created and opened this new gallery. In
the attic we are exhibiting the old computers we have used to create web,
net.art and digital art and some of the creations made with those machines.
These "avatars" of old equipment and works made with them are not just "cool
memories." They are also a way of ethnographically and humorously suggesting
that we should start to think about the preservation of this kind of virtual
culture. The attic gallery opened in September 2002 and is now home to the
following artists:

Agricola of Cologne (Germany),
Alexandre Venera (Brazil),
Ana Maria Uribe (Argentina),
Barry Smylie (Canada),
David Daniels (USA),
Duc Thuan (Vietnam),
Komninos Zervos (Australia),
NEW Old Work in the Attic: Millie Niss (USA),
Muriel Frega (Argentina),
New Old Work in the Attic: Phillipe Castellin ( France),
Reiner Strasser (Germany)
and Regina Célia Pinto (Brazil).

The ATTIC is almost full, only four spaces are available now !

If you want to browser The Attic, the adress is:

http://www.arteonline.arq.br/museu/attic/introattic.htm

Best,

Regina