. on Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:19:13 +0200 (CEST)

[nettime-lat] Ul

Sometimes, diverse cities are born successively over the  same soil and
under the same name.  They are born and die without knowing each other,
incommunicable among themselves. On occasion, even the names of their
inhabitants remain the same, the accent of their voices and even their
features.  But the  gods that live under the names and the places have gone
without a word and in their place have nested foreign gods.˛
                                    Italo Calvino

Petition

We need a little of your memory. We want to gather fragments of cities.
Represent a city disseminated  over the world.  We want to know your city
through you and at the same time to know you in your city. We ask you to
send us a sound by which you identify your city , a narrative by which you
read your city, an image of your family album with you in it where you  can
see yourself in the city.  If  you donšt  have it, make it and send it to
us. You could also send us a memory-object of your city. We ask you all of
these urban fragments or just one.  Whatever you can. !Collaborate with us!

If you use internet, the  text you send must be in RTF format., the images
in JPG a 200 ppp and the sounds in MP3.

Send them to: ultramarinos@telefonica.net

If you use the postal office, the address is:   ANDREA FISHER V.

CASILLA 88

TALAGANTE

REGION METROPOLITANA

CHILE

 We will  write you to let you know what is happening.

Please copy this e-mail to a new message, sign it below at the end of the
name list and send it to all persons you know.  If you receive this list
with more than 50 names in it, please send us a copy of the message to :
ultramarinos@telefonica.net

Even if you decide not to participate, please be considerate and do  not
eliminate the petition. JUST RE-SEND SO WE  CAN DO SOMETHING TOGETHER!

1) ANDREA FISCHER V.
2) JULIAN RUESGA B.
3) ARANCHA IRASTROZA
4) RAMON CASTILLO