Karin Spaink on 23 Aug 2000 20:31:57 -0000

Re: [Nettime-nl] ISOC conference

At 21:45 23-08-2000 +0200, Francisco van Jole wrote:
 >At 21:34 23-08-2000 +0200, Karin Spaink wrote:

 >>ISOC asked me to moderate a discussion on their conference "Reflecting the
 >>Internet II". The conference basically deals with e-commerce:
 >>http://www.reflecting.nl/
 >>
 >>Entarnce is NLG 1300,- (and NLG 800,- for ISOC memebers). What I asked
 >>what they were willing to pay me for my moderation. they wrote me that
 >>"unfortunately, there was no budget for moderators".
 >>
 >>Needless to say that I refused.

 >Well eh... they (ISOC) once called me 'selfish' when I refused this sort of
 >offer for the same reason.

Ridiculous. By the same token, they are selfish for
grabbing all the money for themselves.

 >ISOC.nl is to me another example of lousy business people using the
 >popularity and ethics of the net to fill their own pockets.

Right. Thus, it fits that this conference is about e-commerce ;-)

- K -

--
"I don't listen to music by people I don't wanna fuck."
	- Patti Smith