Jennifer Leonard on 15 Sep 2000 17:33:18 -0000

[Nettime-nl] creative music project

Hello!
I'm wondering if anyone might be able to comment on an exciting new
idea I have for an interactive music project between Toronto and 36
European cities.

Working Title--> EU_3*sixty

With my background in music journalism, photography, and preliminary
knowledge of interactive streaming media, I'd like to propose to
Toronto's MuchMusic TV station (who also have a music video TV channel
in Finland called Jyrki) a one-year creative photojournalism project in
Europe, with electronic news and interactive streaming media events
from the road.

I would hit 36 cities (from Oct 2001 to Sep 2002), spending 10 days in
each, interviewing local characters, DJs, media artists and computer
music gurus. I would also phtograph each city artistically, focusing on
the local music scene and its impact on the area. From the road, I
could construct and add to a project web page in progress, of course,
with my text, interview snippets and photography. But more exciting, I
would co-ordinate and oversee the pre-arranged interative streaming
media events from city to city, as I go.

I would need to set up well in advance the streaming media interactive
events between Toronto and 36 European cities. So, very soon, I will
need to know definitively what innovative media arts centres exist in
the selected 36 European cities (see below), and which of them might be
interested in participating/jamming with Toronto for such a project.

Of course, I will need to convince Toronto's MuchMusic to do this (and
perhaps some co-sponsors from Europe!) - to finance my year abroad and
provide adequate technological support, etc.

The selected 36 cities:
Oct 2001
Paris
Brussels
Cologne

Nov 2001
Rotterdam
Amsterdam
Copenhagen

Dec 2001
Berlin
Krakow
Budapest

Jan 2002
Ljubljana
Bologna
Rome

Feb 2002
Lisbon
Madrid
Barcelona

Mar 2002
Avignon
Zurich
Frankfut

Apr 2002
Istanbul
Thessaloniki, Greece
Sofia, Bulgaria

May 2002
Bucharest
Kiev, Ukraine
Moscow

June 2002
Tallinn, Estonia
Helsinki
Stockholm

July 2002
Bergen
Reykjavik
Dublin

Aug 2002
Glasgow
Bristol
London

Sep 2002
Linz (in time for Ars Electronic 2002)
Vienna
Prague

If I've included cities that I should not include, please tell me. If
I've neglected cities that I should include, please tell me! Bottom
line: I want the hottest 36 Euro cities to participate in this project.
<Best way for me to get the word out?>

At the end of it all, I will (hopefully) have an archive of each
interactive streaming media event PLUS all my photographs and
interviews that I would compile into a beautiful coloured-glossy book
to be published.

It's all in IDEA PHASE right now. Any advice and/or assistance you
might be able to provide me is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jennifer Leonard

=====
tel 416.703.0069
113 Wolseley Street, Toronto, ON M6J 1K1

http://mail.yahoo.com/