Karin Spaink on 9 Mar 2001 11:33:43 -0000

[Nettime-nl] Stockholm, ruling Scientology vs Panoussis

We just received ruling of the Stockholm court of appeals,
Svea Hovrätt, Stockholm, in the case of Scientology vs
Panoussis.

Against all our expectations, Zenon has lost on all counts.
PLus, he needs to pay another NLG 100,000 / USD 40,000 for
lawyer's fees.

There is a minority opinion from one of the judges; she
regards the OTs to have been legally published. But of
course, a minority opinion won't help him right now. Zenon
has already appealed to the Supreme Court.

Reports of the Jan. 2001 hearings in Scientology vs Panoussis
are webbed at:

http://www.spaink.net/varia/nkw-20010117.html     - Dutch
http://www.spaink.net/english/zenon-20010117.html - English

- K -

--

Comparing Scientology to a motorcycle gang is a gross,
unpardonable insult to bikers everywhere. Even at our