Jos Horikx on Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:58:22 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [Nettime-nl] Microsoft en Den Haag

At 17:36 13-6-01 +0200, Frithjof Kalf citeerde o.a.:
>van de Telegraaf website:

>Digitale Hagenaars tegen deal met Microsoft

>door Hotze Zijlstra

>  AMSTERDAM - Het nieuws dat de gemeente Den Haag haar digitale toekomst in
>handen legt van Microsoft, roept onder de inwoners reacties en vragen op.
>"De keuze voor Microsoft is veel meer dan alleen de keuze voor een
>leverancier", aldus de Haagse bewonersorganisatie De Digitale Hofstad. "Het
>is vooral een politieke keuze."

In de NRC van afgelopen zaterdag stond een ingezonden brief van
de wethouder media- en informatiebeleid waarin hij de keuze van de
gemeente Den-Haag verdedigde door te stellen dat Microsoft een van
de beste verdedigers is van XML als wereldstandaard waarmee bij
uitstek platformonafhankelijke gegevensuitwisseling mogelijk wordt
gemaakt (ik kan er niks aan doen, zo staat het er)

Zoeken op Google naar Wilbert Stolte en XML levert de volgende link op:
http://www.microsoft.com/europe/industry/government/news/2218.htm
maar daar staat intussen: "Sorry, there is no Microsoft.com web page
matching your request."

De cache van Google zegt in dat griezelige postmoderne ambtenarentaaltje
het volgende (en als dit soort webpagina's verdwijnen moeten ze maar eens
bewaard blijven, zalk maar zeggen...)

"Government News

E-government initiatives presented at Major Cities conference
Microsoft presented its new strategic initiatives for electronic government
to delegates at the Major Cities of Europe IT Users Group conference in
Nice, France, 15-17 May. Dr Eduardo Mendoza, director of Microsoft
Consulting Services Europe, outlined the new approaches that are set to
revolutionise government services:

* Electronic Government Framework - software that speaks the language of
government. An open initiative in which governments and the IT industry
work together to simplify the adoption of electronic government. It will
drive the rapid and consistent adoption of XML and XSL to standardise the
specification of information schema, business services and co-operation
models.

* Government Portal - architecture for integrated electronic government. A
single point of access for service delivery to citizens and businesses, the
framework incorporates new standards and ensures that portal services can
be accessed from various devices. It is supported by strategic partnerships
with web content providers, system integrators, application solution
providers and data centres.

* Digital Communities - economic development, education and social
innovation powered by technology. - Services designed on the architecture
provided by the Government Portal to provide access to local government
services and improve local authorities' ability to manage their
relationship with citizens.

The initiatives will allow organisations to adapt new processes quickly and
easily and to provide new services that can be accessed anytime and from
anywhere. "It's no longer end-to-end but end-to-multiple end because of the
range of devices we'll see in the future," said Dr Mendoza.
Dietmar Pfähler of SAP also outlined a vision of the digital community
where the city provides an umbrella under which citizens can access public
and private portal services based on their personal life situation.
Municipalities and local businesses should work in partnership, he said,
"because if they don't everyone will buy their books from Amazon.com; they
won't buy them from the local bookshop."

The 116 conference delegates representing local authorities from 23
countries met on the French Riviera to hear presentations from industry
partners and local authority colleagues from across Europe. Jörg Wiegand of
Bremerhaven, Germany, outlined his city's Concept IT 2000 project which
involves getting all citizens online with free email and access to the
'City Web'. WILBERT STOLTE, the Hague's deputy mayor for media affairs and
information technology, presented a similarly ambitious 10-year programme
to get every household in the Dutch capital connected to the city's
Residentie.net via computers or interactive teletext. "Once city residents
get bitten by the Internet, city life will never be the same," he said.

Several cities outlined initiatives to issue citizens with a
multifunctional smart-card to access municipal services, to use as a bus
pass or parking permit, and to purchase products at local shops. The city
of Bremen, Germany, is developing a citizen card in co-operation with the
banking sector. Featuring an integrated digital signature function, the
card aims modernise the public administration and boost e-commerce, said
the city's Harald Krause.

Antoinette Mousalli of the London borough of Lewisham provided an update of
the EC-sponsored GALA (Global Access to Local Applications and services)
project which aims to integrate community information services within
Europe and involves local authorities in Barcelona, Bologna, Cologne,
Gothenburg and London. ICL is the industry partner responsible for defining
the overall technical architecture.

29 May 2000"