hiddenstair on Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:16:43 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [Nettime-nl] geen arabische namen op passagierslijsten ?

The hijackers were found to have used fake passports
with other people's names on them. The passenger lists
published are ID'ed as partial lists.
This implies merely that they're holding back the
names they think were used falsely -- not that there
were no Middle Eastern passengers on the flights.

 --- MauzZ <mauzz@dds.nl> wrote: > En nu dan dit
bericht...

http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2001-09/17/article11.shtml

>                     Saudi Suspects in U.S. Attacks
>                           Were Not in the U.S.
>
>                   RIYADH, Sept 17 (IslamOnline &
> News
>                   Agencies) - U.S. officials in
> Riyadh offered
>                   Abdul Rahman Said al-Omari an
> official apology
>                   in the presence of Saudi interior
> ministry
>                   officials for including his name
> among the list of
>                   suspects in the U.S. terrorist
> attacks, news
>                   agencies reported Monday.
>
>                   Omari, a pilot with Saudi
> Airlines, told the Saudi
>                   daily Al-Watan that he was amazed
> to see his
>                   name on the FBI's list of suspects
> allegedly
>                   involved in the attacks on the
> Pentagon and
>                   World Trade Center Tuesday, Agence
>                   France-Presse (AFP) reported.
>
>                   Omari said he returned to Saudi
> Arabia in early
>                   September after undergoing
> training for one
>                   year in the United States, AFP
> added.
>
>                   Meanwhile, the mother of another
> Saudi man,
>                   also suspected in the September
> 11th attacks,
>                   said Monday that her son has been
> in
>                   Chechnya for two years with a
> relief committee
>                   operating in the tiny war-torn
> Muslim republic.
>
>                   The mother of Ahmad Ibrahim
> al-Ghamdi told
>                   Al-Watan that her son had been
> studying
>                   engineering in the Saudi city of
> Mecca before
>                   departing for Chechnya, AFP
> reported.
>
>                   Ibrahim, 20, the youngest child in
> a family of
>                   three sons and four daughters, had
> been in
>                   constant contact with his family
> from
>                   Chechnya, said his mother.
>
>                   The father of Fayez Mohammad
> al-Shehri, yet
>                   another Saudi suspect, also told
> the daily that
>                   his son had also left for Chechnya
> two years
>                   ago with the relief committee.
>
>                   "He was going with the relief
> committee," said
>                   Shehri's father, a school
> headmaster.
>
>                   Notably, the preliminary lists of
> confirmed dead
>                   of American Airlines flights 11
> and 77 and
>                   United flight 175, released
> September 13th by
>                   U.K. daily The Guardian, did not
> include any
>                   Arab or Middle Eastern names.
>
>                   According to The Guardian, some 81
>                   passengers and 11 crew members
> were on
>                   board when American Airlines
> [...]

=====
hiddenstair@yahoo.com

"(W)e have a choice: we may try to understand, or refuse to do so, contributing to the likelihood that much worse lies ahead." -- Noam Chomsky