Eveline Lubbers on Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:03:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Cut.Up.News #3

http://www.cut-up.com

Cut.Up.News #3

This is the third edition of cut-up news, the low-profile sister of cut-up.com. The first two
appeared in the summer of 2001.
In this issue of cut.up.news:

[1]  YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO CUT-UP

[2]  NEW ARTICLES AND REVIEWS @ CUT-UP

[3]  THANKS TO THE )TOON)3 CONTRIBUTORS

---

[1]  YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO CUT-UP

People who subscribe to our site as a member are able to submit articles, reviews and other
contributions to the site. This is very easy to do. First log in with your username and password.
Then go to 'Contribute' in the navigation menu on the left and write or cut'n'paste your
contribution. After you submitted your thoughts we will contact you as soon as possible. At the
moment, to include pictures you will have to send them by e-mail.

What would we like you to contribute? Well, basically anything. As long as it is connected to art,
popular culture, politics and or new media. Anything goes. Almost.

Don't want to become a member or find it too difficult? Send us your contribution by mail:
info@cut-up.com.

---

[2]  NEW ARTICLES AND REVIEWS @ CUT-UP

We did slow down a bit after the direct coverage of the )toon)3 festival in Haarlem. New & fresh
articles are:

* Interview socialfiction.org: Flaneur Culture
DJ Kendo tries to unveil the psycho geographic sessions that Socialfiction.org organizes in several
Dutch cities [only in Dutch].

* Jello Biafra - High Priest of Harmful Matter

Ego takes you by the hand and brings back the magnificent years of punk to prove that Jello Biafra
is over and done. For ever.

* Nokia vs Heidegger

Wilfriedhoujebek reviewing George Myerson's 'Heidegger, Habermas and The Mobile Phone'.

* Franx' link to discussions about Experiencing the Disappearing Computer.

* new reviews:

Oliver Lamm - Snow Party (music)

Bogdan Racynzki, Cenix, Onanon live @ Effenaar, Eindhoven (music)

Patti Smith - Land 1975-2002 (music)

Nachtstrom - Leidenschaft (music)

La Cienage (film)

Familie (film)

2 Many DJ's - As Heard On Radio Soulwax pt.2 (music)

Chris Bann presents: Inspirations (music)

Got 12inches?? Dewey Sakitumi's selection of danceable vinyl (music)

--

[3]      THANKS TO THE )TOON)3 CONTRIBUTORS

Reviewing )toon) was a hell of a job. Splattered over several locations in the old city of Haarlem
(near Amsterdam, The Netherlands), )toon) is one of the leading festivals when it comes to mix
highbrow and lowbrow art. Although the cut.up.editors worked day and night they couldn't have done
it without the help of Saskia Pereira, Saar, Caroline Grijsen and Vido Liber. A thousand thanks go
out to you.

Visit the )toon)3 archive for more:

http://www.cut-up.com/search.php?query=&topic=40

--

Until next time!

Cut.Up.Staff [http://www.cut-up.com]

check cut.up.media! http://www.cut-up.com
[the art of living in a medialised landscape]
Popjournalistiek zoals het hoort: http://subjectivisten.blogspot.com
KINDAMUZIK - The Modern Music Magazine
Get Yourself Connected @ http://www.kindamuzik.net
---