Piet Zwart Institute is the centre for postgraduate studies and
research of the Willem de Kooning Academy, Hogeschool Rotterdam.
We have programmes in Media Design and Fine Art that include the
production of public seminars, publications for print and digital
media, and exhibitions. Our programme is international in scope
and is fast establishing a reputation for critical, progresssive and
challenging work. We are a small, friendly
institution based in the centre of Rotterdam. Our working
language is English. The post is full-time and is shared between
Fine Art, Ma Media Design and Media Design Research. The
production assistant acts as a curatorial and editorial assistant to
the media design and fine art programmes of the PZI. S/he is mainly
involved with the production of public activities of the PZI, such as
seminars, online publishing, publications and exhibitions. The work is
primarily organisational and administrative. This work is
carried out under the supervision and guidance of the Lectors or
Course Directors. These positions maintain a role as curators and
editors and are responsible for concept and content.
pay scale 9/10. Min. * 2,202.00 (gross per month), max. *
(gross per month) for a full time job (1.0 fte).
Please send applications to:
Drs. R.E. Ouwerkerk
Dean / Executive director
Willem de Kooning Academy, Hogeschool Rotterdam
3000 BG Rotterdam
Deadline for applications:21st
Will be qualified, with at least a BA, in a related area and to have a
lively and ongoing interest in Media Design, digital culture, Art,
visual culture and related areas.
High-level of proficiency in English and Dutch
Experience or aptitude in editing for print and digital media
Be able to self-manage, schedule and execute allocated work. To be
able to act on own initiative in recognising work that needs carrying
To have a basic level of the technical skills required to contribute
to the PZI web site and to be able to learn new skills as required and
-given training - provided for.
To be able to work to the budget of a project and to keep records of
expenditure and costs.
To deal with the specialised administrative aspects of production
projects and other research activities.
- Transcribing seminars
- Marking up documents for site according to templates
- Uploading material to website
- Carrying out basic editorial for the website
- Organising documentation and recording of work
- To carry out some of the technical work associated with streaming
seminars (ie, sound or network)
- To maintain mailing lists and correspondence
- Maintaining a low-volume Newsletter
- To keep records of correspondence
- Ensuring maintenance of the quality of accommodation for researchers
and to liase with facilities management about such matters. To ensure
that administration are kept fully informed about all requirements in
a timely fashion.
- For i.e. an exhibition: making arrangements, scheduling work,
- To make travel and accomodation arrangements for visiting speakers,
tutors and researchers
- to keeep records of expenditure, but not to be responsible for
- To maintain dossiers on the activities of the programmes
- To research contacts for designers etc. for commission of work
- Liasing with and competitively pricing printers
- To research and gather information on potential funding agencies