Marieke Istha on Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:20:18 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Free Piksel Clash - donderdag 17 juni

Free Piksel Clash<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Donderdag 17 juni

Start: 20.30 uur

Gasten: Jaromil (I), Tom Schouten (B) en Niels Elburg (NL)

Toegang: gratis

Thru the vast free and open source software panorama running on GNU/Linux platform there are a few emerging pioneeristic efforts in developing applications for realtime video manipulation: VeeJay, PD/PDP and FreeJ

The same night all the three authors of these software will be introducing the audience to the approach and features they are realizing in their development, finally ending up in a FreeJay video clash, all running 100% free GNU GPL software.

are we ready for a GNU generation of video?

links:

 <http://piksel.no> http://piksel.no

 <http://freej.dyne.org> http://freej.dyne.org

 <http://veejay.sf.net> http://veejay.sf.net