Geert Dekkers on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:02:42 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] nznl.com digest, Dec 06, 2007 - Dec 12, 2007

nznl.com digest
Dec 06, 2007 - Dec 12, 2007
Posts  2013 - 2019

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)

NEW! Weeklies: download the weekly concatentation at http://graphics.nznl.org/200712-50.mov (Quicktime required)

2013. Dec 06, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (PICTURE)
flash movie

Vicki: "I picture this: we, standing on the banks of a slow-flowing river. Boulders submerged to the crown."
Bruce: "The water blood-red in the deep, and the white flash of the rippling highlights. That's what they say."
Vicki: "And the sea-gulls coming so close, so close."
Bruce: "The clouds piled high, darkening, moving."
Vicki: "The clouds piled high, dark, but lit from behind."
Bruce: "Lit from behind, through the setting of the sun. The blood-red sun of the late afternoon."
Vicki: "To the right, the path white in contrast. And on the path, a lone walker. That is what I picture."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071206&from=list

2014. Dec 07, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (INTERSTITIAL)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071207&from=list

2015. Dec 08, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (HOW CAN I LOVE YOU)
flash movie

Vicki: "Tell me something about yourself. Tell me more about yourself. I want to picture you. I want to see you in my minds eye. I want to see more. Of you. I want to turn you, to see more than the dimensions I see of you now. I want to see you. To really see."
Bruce: "When I turn towards you, I see no more than your shell. Your shell. As if you were empty, I see no more than your shell. How do you evolve over time, Vicki. Why can't I see more of you. You. Are. But how can. I love you."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071208&from=list

2016. Dec 09, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (I BET YOU PICTURE ME)
flash movie

Vicki: "I bet you picture me. Bruce. I bet you picture me. I bet you picture me when you're at home. In the evening. Alone. I bet you picture me, the way I brush away my hair. I bet you picture me. At night. In the dark. I bet you picture me there. Bruce. I bet you do. I can see you do."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071209&from=list

2017. Dec 10, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (PAINTING IS HARD)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071210&from=list

2018. Dec 11, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (PAINTING IS EASY)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071211&from=list

2019. Dec 12, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (PLANS)
flash movie
Vicki: "That year she came to my gallery. Her work consisted entirely of plans, meticulously scripted and budgetted. We struck up a friendship immediately, were very close, even dyed our hair the same colour. We decided to show two of her works at my gallery, one on either side of the space. On one side, we had the three-page budget framed and mounted. A chair beneath the frames, for the artist to sit. At exactly 11 minutes past 11 on every gallery day, she would read the plans aloud. We were still planning the other side of the gallery when, out to fetch our morning croissants, she was hit and killed by a streetcar."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071212&from=list

Geert Dekkers--------------------------- http://nznl.com | http://nznl.org | http://nznl.net ---------------------------------------