okno on Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:48:36 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] [OKNO] february program

OKNO - artist run organisation for art and mediatechnology - brussels
http://okno.be

february program

#1 We Don't Play Guitar | connected performance by Society of Algorithm and friends 15/2 16h
#2 Wind Energy | Code31 open studio 20-21-22/2
#3 Writing on Air by Gregory Whitehead | performance 29/2 8h30 pm
#4 Isjtar and Jeroen Uyttendaele | performance 29/2 10h pm

#1 We Don't Play Guitar | connected performance by Society of Algorithm and friends 15/2 16h

Society of Algorithm goes for a 3 times quatre mains guitar mutilation session. We get some guitar playing by friends such as .ptr and drive them through our software contraptions. As always we play connected over the internet, coaxing Bratislava into Prague into Tokyo into Brussels and back again. The performance is online only, you can tap into any of the links below (check http//okno.be and http://ic.cz for the latest info)

rtsp://qt.okno.be:8000/brussels.sdp
rtsp://qt.okno.be:8000/iic.sdp
rtsp://qt.okno.be:8000/bratislava.sdp
rtsp://qt.okno.be:8000/tokyo.sdp

Do note that the performance starts friday at 16h CET to find a compromise with our japanese friends.

#2 Wind Energy | Code31 open studio 20-21-22/2

As a follow up to the wireless mesh network, Code31 experiments with wind energy to make our units autonomous.

Through a series of workshops we explore the wireless network, its technology, topology, implementation and usability. The unit(s) will be made self sustainable by the use of solar or wind power and because they are using wireless technology there is no need for any demand of infrastructure on the location(s) where these units will be positioned. Part of the xmedk workshops-series in collaboration with fo.am and Nadine

#3 Writing on Air by Gregory Whitehead | performance 29/2

For his performance at OKNO, Writing On Air, he will invite us on a journey through twisted tongues and prosthetic voices, fungal language, the global screamscape, a brief seminar of the proper facial expression for catastrophe, the song of a disembodied knee, radio philosophy and other essential audio ephemera.
For more info, you can hear wigged theory at gregorywhitehead.com.
In collaboration with 10 years RITS radio.

#4 Isjtar and Jeroen Uyttendaele | performance 29/2 10h pm

Isjtar and Jeroen Uyttendaele rework and elaborate their Symbiosis performance. Crafting their sounds and tools to go deeper into sonic territory.
In collaboration with 10 years RITS radio.

Where :: OKNO (2nd floor) Koolmijnenkaai 30/34 Quai aux Charbonnages Brussels 1080 How to reach :: tram 18 and metro Graaf van Vlaanderen / Comte de Flandres
Entrance ::  free
Supported by :: the Flemish Authorities (Vlaamse Gemeenschap), VAF and the Vlaamse Gemeenschapscommissie (VGC).