Mieke Gerritzen on Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:11:09 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] --- “I Have Something To Hide” ---

Saturday september 20
time: 8 pm
location Dijksgracht building ( between the railway and Piet Heinkade)

“I Have Something To Hide”
by the Sandberg Institute Design dept.

Our society is driven by an obsession with gathering personal data.
Politicians and businesses say it’s for our own good, and we
collaborate by filling in countless databases with our personal
details on Hyves, Facebook, YouTube and our local supermarket. But
what if we can’t trust those who have access to this data? In that
instance, all usual means of communication become useless. We will not
be able to mail, call, sms, etc.. So, what if we have something to hide?

This presentation includes: the ‘Making of’, several speeches by
Sandberg students and Rob Schröder and ofcourse the documentary will
be shown, while enjoying snacks and drinks + privacy party.

The programme:

20.00 introduction: Rob Schröder
20.10 Marco Ugolini introduces and shows the documentary: ‘I Have
Something To Hide’
20.40 Rob Schröder introduces the actions
20.45 Florian Conradi, Gahlia Elsrakbi and Isabel Lucena explain their
actions (t-shirts Isabel?)
21.00 Rob interviews Kamiel Vorwerk about the billboard-object. Kamiel
invites the public for pigeon-snacks and drinks.
21.15 — break —- snacks and drinks
21.30 Kamiel Vorwerk introduces the documentary Suspect Nation
21.15 — break —-
23.00 Rob Schröder introduces his documentary Off a different kind
00.00 DJ Vitor Peixoto brings pigeon grooves

For several months, students of the post-graduate design department of
the Sandberg Institute have taken refuge in an age-old communications
medium, and exchanged messages about their ’secret’ actions addressing
privacy in the city - by pigeon post. During ExperimentaDesign
Amsterdam 2008, the project continues at a pigeon house built for this
occasion, which doubles as a billboard and a place for debate. At
night, the billboard will be used as projection screen for showing
films and documentaries on privacy issues. Meanwhile the students will
carry on with their public action in town.
More information: www.pigeonproject.net en www.experimentadesign.nl
For questions: design@sandberg.nl