A. Andreas on Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:04:11 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] “Virtual Radio Music Festival Mogadishu, Somalia - June 21, 2010"

“Virtual Radio Music Festival Mogadishu, Somalia - June 21, 2010 ”

"The Right to listen to Music!", a Networked Radio Broadcast.

Amsterdam 13 April 2010

To speak out against the barbaric act of banning music from Somalian Radio
stations.(1)

We will silence our radioshows one minute per hour until June 21 2010

Join us by doing the same with your radio broadcasts

Artist are invited to send us samples of their music to fill in for the
accumulated minutes passed from April 13 to June 21 2010

June 21 2010 we will broadcast a special radio event around the world
which will be staged entirely on the internet.

As the number of minutes is rather large, the event will continuously be
broadcasted by participating radiostations for more than a day.

To cover a broad as possible public, we ask independent radiostations all
over the world to contribute and cover a time-slot during that day.

Participating radioshows:

Burgerwaanzin: saturdays 18:00 - 20:00 CEST
Beautifulfreaks: mondays 15:00 - 16:30 CEST

Radio Patapoe 88.3 FM Amsterdam
Muslim Rock & Islam Punk

... your program ...
... your station ...

send your contribution, intention to particpate, inquiries to:

e: mogadishu2010@nictoglobe.com

stay informed by the following websites:

w: http://www.nictoglobe.com
w: http://beautifulfreaks.nl
w: http://burgerwaanzin.nl

Dedicated website to be announced shortly

(1): source The Guardian, April 13 2010
A. Andreas

e:	a.andreas@nictoglobe.com
w:	http://www.nictoglobe.com