cosmin manolescu on Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:57:42 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Fw: The Performer and the Mediated Image

----- Original Message -----
From: Aliz Ertler <Aliz.Ertler@amsu.edu>
To: <fest@dnt.ro>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 4:48 PM
Subject: The Performer and the Mediated Image

Dear Prolect DCM Cultural Foundation,

THE PERFORMER AND THE MEDIATED IMAGE
Workshop in Performance & Media Art
 In collaboration with Netherlands Media Art Institute, Montevideo/ Time
Based Arts 30 July - 4 August 2001, Amsterdam

We hope that you have received our previous mailing about the ''The
Performer and the Mediated Image'' workshop which aims to examine
practically and theoretically the challenges that the usage of various
multimedia tools have been offering in the performing art. If you would like
to revisit the details of the course, please visit the website of the
Amsterdam-Maastricht Summer University:
http://www.amsu.edu/courses/performing/perf2.htm from where the application
form can also be downloaded.

We are pleased to inform you that we have managed to extend the deadline of
application for the course. The new deadline is 13 July. Applicants should
return their completed application form including curriculum vitae and
motivation letter by fax or post to: The Amsterdam-Maastricht Summer
University PO Box 5066, 1007 RB Amsterdam, The Netherlands / F +31 (0)20 624
9368. We would like to encourage applicants from Central - and Eastern
Europe as we can offer some limited number of partial scholarships.

The preliminary programme is as follows:

Monday 30 July
10.00 - 13.00 Introduction: Sally Jane Norman
14.00 - 17.30 workshop: Karin Post

Tuesday 31 July
10.00 - 13.00 Video Art Seminar: David Garcia, Utrecht School of the Arts
14.00 - 17.30 Sound Seminar: Michel Waisvisz, STEIM

Wednesday 1 August
10.00 - 13.00 Sensory Perception Workshop: Eboman
14.00 - 17.30 Video Workshop: Geert Mul

Thursday 2 August
10.00 - 13.00 Interactive Performance Seminar: Chiel Kattenbelt,
University of Utrecht, New Media and Digital Culture
14.00 - 17.30 Interactive Performance Workshop: Dogtroep

Friday 3 August
10.00 - 13.00 Workshop: Matt Adams, Blast Theory
14.00 - 17.30 Workshop: Rene Beekman

Saturday 4 August
10.00 - 17.30 Discussion, Moderator: Sher Doruff, Society for Old and New
Media

Should you have any further information, please do not hesitate to contact
the Amsterdam-Maastricht Summer University; Postbus 53066, 1007 RB
Amsterdam, The Netherlands T +31 (0)20 620 0225 / F +31 (0)20 624 9368 / E
office@amsu.edu W www.amsu.edu.

Best regards,
Aliz Ertler
The Amsterdam-Maastricht Summer University
Postbus 53066
1007 RB Amsterdam

tel:  +31 (0)20 6200225
fax: +31 (0)20 6249368