Alexandru Patatics on Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:52:08 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] I n v a s i a (I n v a s i a n), Moldova

-----Original Message-----
From: seecan-general-owner@scca.org.mk
[mailto:seecan-general-owner@scca.org.mk]On Behalf Of ksak.info@mail.md
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 2:45 PM
To: seecan-general@scca.org.mk
Subject: I n v a s i a (I n v a s i a n), Moldova

Dear colleagues and friends,

Please find below the short description of the international project I n v a
s i a   (I n v a s i a n)
which is going to be held in Rep. of Moldova, in September 15 - October 1,
2001.
This project had obtained financial support from Open Society Cultural Link
Program.

We would like to ask you to distribute this information to your colleagues,
friends and artists who might be interested in taking part in that.

We would be glad to receive names, brief artistic biography of the artists
who want to participate in the project as well a brief idea/project
concerning the work which is going to be done here.

All information should be sent by fax or e-mail
to the Center for Contemporary Art, Chisinau as soon as
possible, but not later than by Wednesday, August 15, 2001.

For additional information, please, don't hesitate to contact us.

All the best,
Lilia Dragneva

Project title: I n v a s i a   (I n v a s i a n)

Dates:

September 15 - October 1, 2001

Synopsis:

Invasion is the name of the international project launched by [KSA:K],
Center for
Contemporary Art, Chisinau, in collaboration with the Museum of Archeology
and
Ethnography of Republic of Moldova in 2001.
The incursions of the Golden Horde over the Eurasia continent back in the
Middle Ages,
served as source of inspiration in conceiving this event. The Invasion is
intended as
a cultural dialogue project involving artists, cultural producers and
theoreticians
from countries, which were affected by the Golden Horde's invasions.

Up to ten participants from Mongolia, Far East Russia, former republics of
the Soviet
Middle Asia, Eastern and Central Europe are invited to work together in
Moldova.

Locations:

1. Orheiul Vechi (archeological site, near village Trebujeni, Orhei county),
2. Museum of Archeology and Ethnography, 35, Banulecu Bodoni str., Chisinau,
MD 2012, Moldova, tel/fax: + 373 2 238292

Program of the events of the project " INVASIA"

15.09 -Arriving of the participants

16.09-22.09- Work on the projects

23.09- Presentation of the participants projects

24.09- Conference

25.09- Departure of the participants

Organizer:

Curator: Stefan Rusu,