Asociatia ECUMEST on Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:56:21 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Fw: Fellowship Announcement from Global Art Village

----- Original Message -----
From: anuranjan@globalartsvillage.org
To: ecumest@ecumest.ro
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 1:49 PM
Subject: Fellowship Announcement from Global Art Village

Hi,

We are a international artist residential center based in India beginning our residencies from August. We are offering a wide range of fellowship programs from November for artists of all creative disciplines- visual, performing, literary etc. Please let me know if you allow free listings of residencies on your website or newsletter or suggest other ways through which we can promote ourselves. Could you please put up a link to us on your websiteas well? We are a non-profit organization and every help would be invaluable.

Following is the brief introductory information about the programs. For any clarifications and further details, feel free to write back.

---------------------

FELLOWSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT 2006

Global Arts Village is an emerging international residential art center in New Delhi, India. We encourage diversity and multicultural exchange among creative people of all kinds. We practice community living, sharing meals and evening activities. The Village enables artists to experience a natural, eco-friendly environment for creative work. The Global Arts Village is a three-acre property that includes gardens, a multi-purpose studio, sculpture workshop, a meditation and performance hall, a common building, a dance studio, performance spaces and accommodations. The buildings are in accordance with the ancient wisdom of Vastu, which harmonizes man-made structures with their natural environments. The Village offers residency programs to emerging, mid-career and established artists in all major creative disciplines. We are building a community that blends art, culture and consciousness. Individuals with exploratory spirits are invited to join.

Fellowships / Artist-in-Residence

The Global Arts Village offers full and partial fellowships, several specific fellowship opportunities and an Artist-in-residence program. All programs include accommodation (standard or duplex), laundry service, three meals per day, studio or workspace (shared or private), initial welcoming celebration (presentation of past work and project plan to local artists and other fellowship recipients), concluding exhibition opportunity and other benefits dependent on the fellowship program and the dates of stay. All recipients are asked to donate fellowship specific hours of community work per week (cooking, researching, organizing, leadership of a workshop, assisting or teaching a class, promotion, event planning). Partners of artists are invited to stay for US $ 15 per day. (Includes accommodation, meals and laundry).

45-day residencies begin on February 17, April 3, May 19, July 3, August 18, October 2, November 17 and January 1 of each year.

 90-day Residencies begin on February 17, May 19, August 18 and November 17 of each year.

Artist Full Fellowship (90-Day)

The fully funded residency has no program fee. Recipients contribute US $ 9 for meals per day and a total of 7 hours of community work per week.

Artist Partial Fellowship (90-Day)

The partially funded residency includes a reduced program fee of US$ 20/day for standard accommodation and US$ 25/day for duplex accommodation. Recipients contribute a total of 7 hours of community work per week.

Performing Arts Fellowship (45 / 90- Day)

The Global Arts Village offers full and partial fellowships for various categories of performing arts. All recipients are asked to donate 7 hours of community work per week. Under full fellowships, only US$ 9/day has to be contributed for meals. The 45-day partial fellowship has a reduced program fee of $25/day for standard accommodation and $30/day for duplex accommodation. The 90-day partial fellowship program has a rate of $20/day for standard accommodation and $25/day for duplex accommodation.

Emerging Artist Fellowship (under 27 yrs; 90-Day)

These fully funded 90-day residencies are offered to creative people who have graduated from a University program. There is no program fee. US$ 9 per day has to be contributed for meals. Recipients contribute a total of 15 hours of community work per week.

Student Fellowships (45-Day)

Fully funded residencies are offered to students currently enrolled in a University program. There is no program fee, we only ask that US$ 9 per day be contributed for meals. Recipients contribute a total of 15 hours of community work per week.

Professional Development Fellowship (45 / 90-Day)

Fully-funded fellowship opportunities are offered: curators, visual art coordinators, grant writers, chefs/ culinary artists, performing arts coordinator, organic farmers, organization developers. The Fellows contribute 7 hours of communal work per week plus 15 hours of fellowship specific work. There is no program fee. Recipients contribute US $ 9 for meals per day.

Site Specific Sculpture Fellowship (45-Day)

This fully funded residency has no program fee. A materials allowance of US$ 200-500 is offered dependent on the project proposal. The artist is to donate the site-specific sculpture unconditionally to the Village. Artists put in 7 hours of community work per week. Recipients contribute US $ 9 for meals per day.

Artist in Residence
(45 / 90-Day)

The entire Artist-in-residence program is subsidized.  For 45 days, the program fee is US$ 35 for standard accommodation and US$ 45 for a duplex room. For a stay of 90 days, the charges are US$ 30/day for a standard room with shared studio / work space and US $ 40 for a duplex room with private studio. All artists in residence are asked to donate seven hours of community work per week.

Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, there is no deadline.

The application can be submitted via email or post.

info@globalartsvillage.org

or

Global Arts Village

Mehrauli - Gurgaon Road