viviana druga tiberiu bleoanca on Sat, 27 May 2006 01:31:13 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Bucharest Bienale 13

  Bucharest Bienale 13

  Infiltration into an art institution

  Using the same original map of the  Bucharest Biennale, which is used on all the official leaflets/posters, we are speculating the power of this medium-the mass-media, parasitizing it and transforming it into a personal platform for the development of our individual project. On the photo, which represents the original map of the biennale, are marked the official locations. On the unofficial photo of the same original map, the camera is changing perspective, ignoring some locations, but revealing instead a new one.

  Each art institution is constructed on image. In the age of image, tell_1_vision infiltrates itself into an art institution using the same weapons as the institution uses itself, the image.
  Art is only a convention. For an artist to be considered an artist and for his artistic �products� to be considered �works of art� it is enough to convince certain people, who will promote yourself because they believe in the  �seleability� of your product.  By convincing certain people, who play crucial role in the art scene: critics, curators, gallerists, journalists, it is relatively simple to establish success. Potentially everything can be art, you just have to know how the mechanism works, and its tricks as well.
  What we do, by inserting our logo and adding a new location (Piata Alba Iulia/tell_1_vision) on the biennale�s map, is to make use of the rules of the game, skip all the intermediary phases of convincing people and their afferent promotion and go directly to the target: participation in an International Biennale.

  When Duchamp brought an urinal into a museum it immediately became an artwork. The medium is the message has still a strong word to say in our cultural system.
  We brought this concept to its extreme limit: we transformed our group tell_1_vision into an art group by placing it into an artistic context.

  Each artistic gesture stands under the auspice of cause and effect and the effects cannot be fully foreseen. Our interaction is possible because the marriage between art and life has been proclaimed.

  http://tell1vision.blogspot.com/