PAVILION [contemporary art & culture magazine] on Sat, 27 May 2006 09:31:39 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Rainer Ganahl lecture/Bucharest Biennale 2

BUCHAREST BIENNALE 2
www.bucharestbiennale.org
va invita la

Saturday, May 27, 2006
17.00 PAVILION Lecture series
“My misery with Karl Marx - or how I became an artist!”
Lecture and artist talk by Rainer Ganahl.

Venue: Centrul National al Dansului, Bd. Nicolae Balcescu nr. 2, floor 4 (entrance from Laptaria lui Enache).

Rainer Ganahl is a postconceptualist artist, widely exhibited, whose subjects is language, learning systems, media and politics.

Born in 1967 - Bludenz, Austria
Lives and works in New York, USA

Recent exhibitions
The Wallach Art Gallery, Columbia University Museum, New York ; Museum of Modern Art, MUMOK, Vienna; Baumgartner Gallery, New York; The Jewish Museum, New York; Momenta Art, New York; Kunstverrein Frankfurt, and Venice Biennial.

A Selection of Recent Publications
William Kaizen, "Please, teach me..." Rainer Ganahl and the Politics of Learning, Wallach Art Gallery , Columbia University, New York 2005
Rainer Ganahl (ed.), MONEY AND DREAMS: COUNTING THE LAST DAYS OF THE SIGMUND FREUD BANKNOTE, Putnam, CT: Spring Publications, New York, 2005
Rainer Ganahl, Road to War, MUMOK (Museum of Modern Art Vienna), and Verlag der Buchhandlung Walther König, Cologne, 2005
Rainer Ganahl, NEXT TARGET - Versteinerte Politik / Petrified Politics, GAK (Gesellschaft für Aktuelle Kunst, Bremen), and Revolver, Frankfurt, 2004
Rainer Ganahl, Please, write your opinons of U.S. politics..., onestarpress, Paris, 2003
Rainer Ganahl, lueneburger-heide-sprechen, revolver, Frankfurt 2003
Rainer Ganahl, Reading Karl Marx, Book Works, London, 2001