0f0003 | maschinenkunst on Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:44:50 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] \\ rE: con\S\umer \S\warms?

>From:          "wade tillett" <wade@281c9c.org>

>what if, instead of just going out and buying deoderant and cereal and
>toner cartridges, i listed off the ones i would find acceptable and
>merged that list with other people who had done the same thing. we would
>then have a collective bargaining power by which we could negotiate our
>demands:

what if ... instead of just going out + seducing 1,2,3 occident girlies
with some gratis balkan toner cartridges, i listed off the ones i would
find acceptable
and merged that list with other people and THEN ... exercising our new +
improved collective bargaining power
we simply rented them andor bought them ... THEN we could negotiate our
balkan DEMANDS
                                             THEN
                                              THEN

... after all - the occident `democracy`s refrain is that everything
is for sale and must be integrated within the formal system - not only
land, real estate and commodities,
but very importantly, persons too.
                                                 THEN
                                                  THEN
                                                   THEN
                                                    THEN

>disclaimer (which i know i will have to repeat): i ain't saying that
>consumer choice = democracy.

ne. it = prostitution

as the state's scope is to make murder a good action
western `democracy`s scope is to make prostitution pervasive, that is to
say `arbeit macht ganz glucklich und frei`

`as the communists said - comrade lovers, for your health's sake - FUKC
FREELY !!!`

                                                      THEN
                                                       THEN
                                                        THEN
                                                         THEN

>what if, instead of just going out and buying deoderant and cereal and
>toner cartridges,

they grew on trees ... and you + ur urban neo.hipedelik friends picked them

what if, just what if, u couldnt buy anything and had 2 seduce everything
andor produce it urself

what if, just what if, the western democratic revolution, as its eastern
counter-part, the communism revolution,
rejects love on a small scale.

                                                           THEN
                                                            THEN
                                                             THEN
                                                              THEN

>this is not a new idea of course, it is the basis of the union or
>purchasing club.

and the state
and ur body
and ... life

what is important is the space between the `units`

                                                               THEN
                                                                THEN
                                                                 THEN
                                                                  THEN

>i listed off

that space cannot be thought

it must be ... and then n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n ... n

>i listed off the ones i would find acceptable and
>merged that list with other people who had done the same thing. we would
>then have a collective bargaining power by which we could negotiate our
>demands: fair trade, environmental regs, price, etc. and award our large
>number of purchases to the winning provider.
>
>in other words, what if our minute daily decisions were compiled
>together as a unit by ourselves? what if the moment of aggregation of
>power was done underneath the disaggregate structure?
>
>this is not a new idea of course, it is the basis of the union or
>purchasing club.
>
>the difference is that the technology exists to make it much more
>immediate and individual-based.
>
>for example, i am driving down the highway, the gas meter tells the
>database i will need gas soon. thousands of other people will too. we
>could all turn into one brand of gas station, or the other, depending on
>what we are offered, say within the next ten minutes.
>
>(maybe it's an advertiser's dream!)
>
>in other words, the groupings are variable based on the dynamic
>near-immediate needs of the common consumer. it is a swarm based on each
>particular momentary decision, not a club.
>
>as far as doing this with regard to the labor market: this IS what temp.
>agencies do, with the exception, of course, of the agency being the
>middle man.
>
>disclaimer (which i know i will have to repeat): i ain't saying that
>consumer choice = democracy. this isn't the utopic liberation device
>(tm), just an idea that might be of use (probably by being turned into
>some ebay/priceline online business thing - ugh, always disfigured
>monsters).
>
>i'm sure this has many precedents....

-

                              ORDNUNG \+\ DISZIPLIN

                                                        |+| g
ooooooooooooooooo l

                                      ||9||
[p-un_kT-pr_o-T?k_oL] Ø f Ø Ø Ø 3       ||
                 herausgegeben vøm !nternat!onalen
!nst!tut f:ur ordnung |+| d!sz!pl!n
       : / / www.tagueulebabacloanta.tm