Cosmin Costinas on Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:18:16 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Appeal

This is not a call for burning flags or demonizing the
guilty ones
and blindfoldly fighting on the side of the righteous
ones. Of course
the "conflict in the Middle East" has a long history
and there are
many perspectives on its causes and responsibilities.
Although a
genuine debate on these issues is an urgent and
necessary need the
first and foremost step should now be the immediate
halt of innocent
loss of life. Our main aim is to respond to the
disproportionate use
of force by Israel and to the irresponsible exposure
of innocent
civilians to violence and death.

This is a general appeal, calling on everyone to
contribute short
statements in the form of texts (500 words), short
video clips or
other materializations of protest. A compilation of
statements will
be presented to major newspapers, the clips will be
shown during the
Biennale des Cinémas Arabes in Paris next week and
other media.

There is no deadline for contributions, we will try
our best to
screen/publish each of the submitted statements. We
will notify you
beforehand about the place and time of
publication/screening of your
text/video clip.

Please feel free to forward this appeal.

For screenings during the Biennale des Cinemas Arabes
please send DVD/
CDs until Sunday, July 30th 2006 via

mai to:
1001prod@cyberia.net.lb, texte@gmx.net