info on Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:24:46 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] ||||| CALL FOR ENTRIES: UNTIL SEPTEMBER 5, 2008

dear nettimers,
please find below a short reminder about our current call for entries still
open until september 5.
(please forward to other nettime lists)
best
jfr

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The 'Rencontres Internationales' will take place in Paris in November 2008
at the Centre Pompidou, at the Jeu de Paume national museum and in other
key locations. The same program will be presented in Madrid in April 2009
and in Berlin in June 2009.
Those three events will propose an international programming focusing on
film, video and multimedia, gathering works of artists and filmmakers
acknowledged on the international scene along with young artists and
filmmakers.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANIZATION CAN SUBMIT ONE OR SEVERAL PROPOSALS. THE
CALL FOR ENTRIES IS OPEN TO FILM, VIDEO AND MULTIMEDIA PROPOSALS, without
any restriction for length or genre. All submissions are free, regardless
of geographical origin
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

FILM AND VIDEO (any film and video format)
* Video / Experimental video
* Fiction - short, medium and feature length
* Documentary, experimental documentary
* Experimental Film
* Animation

MULTIMEDIA
* Video installation, multimedia installation * Net art * Multimedia
performance, multimedia concert

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Video and film submissions are received on DVD. ALL submissions are sent by
postal mail, enclosed with a filled-in ONLINE ENTRY FORM, UNTIL SEPTEMBER
5, 2008 (postmarked). Entry form and information regarding the 'Rencontres
internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid' are posted on our website
http://art-action.org/en_info_appel.htm
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

PLEASE FORWARD this piece of information to creative organizations, art
networks, production organizations, artists and filmmakers you are in
contact with.

PARIS/BERLIN/MADRID
In 2007, the 'Rencontres Internationales', which initially took place in
Paris and Berlin, opened up to a third city: Madrid. This event now
constitutes a unique artistic and cultural platform in Europe where artists
can meet, to exchange with a wide audience, to develop new projects. The
venues in the three cities are in particular the Centre Pompidou and the
Jeu de Paume national museum in Paris, the Haus der Kulturen der Welt in
Berlin, the Reina Sofia national museum and the Spanish Cinematheque in
Madrid.

The 'Rencontres Internationales' offers more than a simple presentation of
the works. They introduce an intercultural forum gathering various guests
from all over the world - artists and filmmakers, institutions and emerging
organizations - to testify of their reflections and of their experiences,
but also of artistic and cultural contexts that are often experiencing deep
changes.
The 'Rencontres Internationales' reflects specificities and convergences of
art practices between new cinema and contemporary art, explores emerging
media art practices and their critical purposes, and work out this
necessary time when points of view meet and are exchanged.
The event aims at presenting those works to a broad audience, at creating
circulations between different art practices and between different
audiences, as well as creating new exchanges between artists, filmmakers
and professionals.
It wishes to contribute to a reflection on our contemporary culture of
image via a demanding program opened to everyone.